Instructions for Use of BabyBIG®
Read all the instructions before BabyBIG® arrives at your institution.
Do not reconstitute BabyBIG® until instructed by physician. Infusion must begin within 2 hours of reconstitution.
- Please note the current dosage is 50 mg/kg -
** Please review and follow all instructions in the FDA-approved package insert **
- BabyBIG® should be given as soon after arrival at the pharmacy as can be arranged. Please refer to instructions in the information packet that comes with the medicine. A filter and tubing for administration are sent with the product.
- Please plan in advance of its arrival with the patient's ICU/ward team so as to be ready to promptly rehydrate and administer the medicine when it reaches you. This means having a secure IV placed and a syringe infusion pump already at the bedside. Please be sure to follow the instruction regarding syringe size per the filter Instructions For Use provided in the shipment information packet.
- Immediately notify the attending physician/patient care team when BabyBIG® arrives. Confirm with them that they are ready to administer the medicine, then begin its rehydration. Infusion must begin within 2 hours of reconstitution.
- As soon as rehydration is complete (usually about 30 minutes), deliver the medicine to the patient's bedside for administration.
Residual BabyBIG® should be discarded in compliance with standard precautions according to hospital policy and procedures.